Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lychee Mentos




Place purchased: eBay

Country of origin: Hong Kong

Number of reviewers: 3


Appearance - 6.3 

The Lychee Mentos have a very light pink shell with a white interior. 

Flavor and Taste - 5.0 

The Mentos start out as sweet and cooling, with a floral and soapy flavor. The flavor then becomes slightly fruity and acidic, but still has a strong floral note. The Lychee Mentos remind me more of elderflower than lychee. 

C: At first it's minty, then the lychee becomes prominent. 
S: Starts out as lychee, then becomes kind of minty and fruity. Reminds me of Ice Breaker Duos (fruit + cool). 

Texture - 7.3 

The texture is hard and crunchy at first, then it becomes chewy. 

S: A little harder than I expected. 

Aftertaste - 5.7 

The aftertaste is sweet, cooling, and floral. 

C: Cooling lychee. 
S: Sweet, minty, fruity, and a little soapy. 

Overall - 5.7

Overall, I was disappointed with the Lychee Mentos. Lychee is easily my favorite fruit, and I have tried nearly every lychee product I have come across. I was excited to see that Lychee Mentos were being sold in Hong Kong, especially since Mentos sold in Asia are typically phenomenal and taste very similar to the fruit they emulate (pink grapefruit, Fuji apple, pineapple, etc.). These Lychee Mentos fell short of my expectations. They were too floral and had a cooling sensation uncharacteristic of lychee fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment